Pages

Thursday, April 17

一位音乐老师想对家长和孩子说的话

There are those who seem to be born and endowed with musical talent. The people who would find that playing the instrument, learning and memorising new repertoire and maintaining older repertoire are of something relatively effortless. 

I sincerely admit that I do not endow with such mesmerising musical talent, howsoever I wish that I could be, hoping somehow this musical gene will pop up one day out of a sudden. Sadly, I am made, rather than born, to have this musical talent I have today. 


And this gift is contributed by a myriad of people around me and I owe them my life for their magnanimous understanding and selfless devotion – my respectable piano teacher who constantly spurs on me, my family who works so hard to nurture and encourage me to keep on the faith towards music. 


But somehow, as I grew deeper to understand the soul of music, paranoia kicked in and I had twice, or more, the thoughts of abandoning my relationship with my piano as he is, but one, a jealous mistress who demands most of time to accompany him.


Whenever I stood at this brink of hysteria, thinking that our relationship would not blossom to perfection, another conflict rushed in to kick off the nonsense thought – all the hard-earned money invested by my parents on me, all the bitter-sweet sweat I shed and the excruciating pain I gritted my teeth to endure just to practise a devilish piece into flawless mistake. 

And then the glory of completing the Grade 8 piano exam came right after I finished my SPM. Now, I find solace in the act of playing, a channel for an expression of my style, it is the sense of appreciation of music and deep satisfaction of mastering an instrument, although I am not qualified as a virtuoso, just yet. 


And then, I am now a part time piano tutor, earning some extra side income by mentoring piano lovers every weekend. It is a sense of proudness and great accomplishment whenever my students grow to love piano and able to play it well from total foundation to what they can play today, for instance the Christmas Carol in just 6 months. 


Thou shall not give up in learning any musical instruments merely on excuses that they have not been gifted with musical gene, or the instrument being too difficult to master, for those who abandon it midway, you will suffer the regret in the coming days.


"Nothing is unachievable." There may be only one Beethoven, but the spirit of Beethoven would never die and will keep on spreading. Indulge in music, intoxicated by it, enjoy the flow.


读后感:

我自认对音乐没有与生俱来的天分。能有今天的成就,还是要多谢老师和父母的悉心栽培和自己苦练回来的成果。

回想起来,自己曾经两度想放弃苦学多年的钢琴,但是只要一想到家里那台一万多令吉的钢琴和每个月所付出已超过上万令吉的学费,就还是要紧牙根逼自己练习。

最后,总算赶在中五毕业后,完成八级文凭。

如今,就算没有大师级水准,也至少能够换口饭吃。
虽然我只是业余的钢琴老师,看到自己的学生在不到六个月的时间,从零基础到现在可以弹奏圣诞歌,是一件多么神奇的事。


如果你认为自己没有音乐细胞,音乐太难学了就半途放弃,那你肯定会后悔一辈子。
“世上无难事,只怕有心人”。


虽然贝多芬只有一个,但是热爱音乐的人却是无数的。




原文分享:
http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzA5NjA3ODYwMA%3D%3D&mid=200066413&idx=2&sn=3c6bc2e4ff6d3b0502b024d12e38d8aa&scene=2&from=timeline&isappinstalled=0#rd

No comments:

Post a Comment